My first goal was to update my goal list each week. I have to say having a post on goal setting has helped me to stay focused on what goals I want to accomplish this year. The biggest drawback is to remind myself that I have the whole year to work on accomplishing these goals. Hopefully you, my faithful readers will remember this as well and not get tired of reading about my progress! I tend to get a little stressed when I realize just how fast the year is flying by. However, I am making progress!
Find a new hosting site for my blog and make the site secure.Done!! So excited after all this time I finally have a secure website!
- Monetize my blog. In the works, I have set up an account with Amazon Affiliates! Soon you’ll be seeing links to my favorite items on Amazon. Next on the list is to look into Google Ad Sense.
- Create a cookbook! One step at a time, get the blog running smoothly, increase readership and then I’ll be working on the cookbook!
- Be diligent about getting 10 K steps in 5 out of 7 days each week. Our week was pretty rainy. However being away for the weekend meant I did a lot of walking! Fun to be in an area with sidewalks and so much to see! To top it off Saturday was an absolutely beautiful spring day!
- As we continue to prepare for an eventual house sale, continue to de-clutter. Get rid of at least 250 items from the house this year! More decluttering, I am amazed at the things I continue to find to pass along, this week it was only 6 items to be exact, out the door! I have a new game with our grown children. I take a picture of something and they say keep or toss? For example, I was going to get rid of our fondue pot as we haven’t used it in ages. My daughter quickly spoke up and said “NO” she wanted it! 159 items to go!
more25 books this year! Managed to read two books by one of my favorite authors Kristin Hannah. Read Home Front and The Nightingale. Enjoyed both of them. Since The Nightingale is another WWII book I think I’ll take a break from WWII! Still reading Bob Goff’s book, Everybody Always out loud everyday. Such a good book. Still keeping track of the books I’ve read on Good Reads, what a wonderful app. I can keep track of all the books I have read, the books I want to read and the books I am reading. I listed on the app that I want to read 25 books this year, 10 to go! Beginning to think my goal here should have been a few more books!
- Have a consistent meal plan each week and prepare ahead! We were gone over the weekend so meal planning kind of took a back seat. Helped a friend celebrate her 60th and attended a funeral. A weekend with both highs and lows.
42 knitting projects. Second project finished! I am loving this mobius infinity scarf I’m working on.The colors are my favorite and I may have a hard time giving this one up. since we had a short road trip this last weekend I got a lot of knitting completed. By the time we get back home the scarf should be completed!
9. Clean out our freezer. Such progress! Freezer is well under control now. Downstairs there is just some tomato sauce and one more container of frozen blueberries! Making progress!
- 10. Take a few road trips and visit family and friends on the east coast that we will not see so often once we make a move to the west coast. Our trip to North Carolina is coming together. We’ll be gone a week and will be able to visit family and at least four friends! Looks like we’ll have a long day of driving the first day but after that it will be manageable. It will be the perfect way to celebrate the beginning of summer. Plus we’ve been meaning to visit our friends in North Carolina for years!
Can you believe it’s May already! Another month and half the year will be gone. I’m so thankful to be keeping track of my goals, I think I will have a good chance at completing them all!