After the Cinnamon Bun recipe and the Blueberry Meringue recipe I shared recently you may think we’re trying to eat healthier meals. It’s all in moderation. We try to eat healthy meals 80% of the time and enjoy those special delicacies the other 20% of the time. Southwestern Veggie Taco is a quick and easy meal. You will have to cook up some black beans and rice first but if you have any leftover this is a perfect way to use it up. The recipe only serves two people, but can easily be doubled or tripled if you are feeding more.

I love meals you can create from leftovers and this is a perfect way to use up your leftover black beans and rice.

Southwestern Veggie Taco

Ingredients

½ avocado, mashed
4 Tbsp. Salsa
3 cups Black Beans and Rice
½ cup cooked corn kernels
2 (6 inch) corn tortillas

Directions

Combine the mashed avocado and the fresh salsa in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside. Add the corn to the black bean and rice mixture and place some of the mixture on each corn tortilla, top with the corn. Fold the taco over and serve with the avocado and salsa mixture. Makes two servings.

Black Beans and Rice

Ingredients

1 cup canned black beans, drained
½ tsp. Extra virgin olive oil
2 dashes of chili powder
2 pinches of cumin powder
½ tsp. Ground coriander
2 Tsp. Liquid Aminos
1 ½ cups of cooked brown rice

Directions

Combine the beans, oil, chili powder, cumin, coriander, liquid aminos, and salt to taste in a medium saucepan, mix well. Heat the mixture over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat and gently stir in the brown rice. Makes two servings.

Next time you’re looking for a light and tasty meal try this recipe for Southwestern Veggie Tacos, perfect for lunch or dinner.

3 comments on “Southwestern Veggie Taco

Jasmine | Midsummer Life Dream on July 18, 2019 6:52 am

I love mexican/southwestern food! This looks really good, and seems to be simple enough to be put together in a pinch. Pinning so I can try it later!

Nancy Wolff on July 18, 2019 3:20 pm

Jasmine,
This has become ur go to meal for the summer!

Linda on July 20, 2019 1:14 am

Thank you for sharing on the Classy Flamingos. You’re keeping us healthy this week. http://blog.poinsettiadr.com/2019/07/classy-flamingos-blog-party-59.html

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Never Miss a Post!


Find Me

FACEBOOK
TWITTER
Pinterest
RSS
INSTAGRAM

Nancy’s Archives