My first goal was to update my goal list each week. I have to say having a post on goal setting has helped me to stay focused on what goals I want to accomplish this year.
The biggest drawback is to remind myself that I have the whole year to work on accomplishing these goals. Hopefully you, my faithful readers will remember this as well and not get tired of reading about my progress!
Find a new hosting site for my blog and make the site secure.Done!! So excited after all this time I finally have a secure website! Now to work on monetizing the blog.
- Monetize my blog. Still on my to do list. Time to put this goal on the forefront! It would be nice to have some money coming in for a change.
- Create a cookbook! One step at a time, get the blog running smoothly, increase readership and then I’ll be working on the cookbook!
- Be diligent about getting 10K steps in 5 out of 7 days each week. Why am I have such a hard time with this goal? Just so you don’t get the idea that I’m sitting around all the time, my husband and I do workout six days a week using an online program which we love and which fits into our schedule. It’s not always easy, but having my husband as a workout buddy sure helps! However, I’d still like to get some steps in each week. I did get one 4 mile walk in but had to wear spikes as the road was icy!
- We continue to prepare for an eventual house sale and continue to de-clutter. Get rid of at least 250 items from the house this year! I’ve actually started a box in the garage for everything we are getting rid of. I also have a bag of clothes to go to Goodwill. This is an ongoing project. Went through my closet again and managed to weed out a few more items I haven’t worn in ages! 228 items to go!
- Read more books this year! Very little time to read this week! We’ve been celebrating my husband’s 60th birthday all week! We had friends here last weekend and lots of family coming up this coming weekend, and spending all my free time cooking for company! So the pile of books remains to be read!
- Have a consistent meal plan each week and prepare ahead! As I mentioned last week, lots of company coming. Planing a detailed meal plan for 15 is fun but time consuming. Not all will be staying at our house, but we’ll have a houseful this weekend.
43 knitting projects. First project completed, knitting bag sitting on the couch, but as I said no free time this week!
- Clean out our freezer. Managing to fill the freezer with food for company while at the same time using up such things as tomato sauce while making the lasagna.
- Take a few road trips and visit family and friends on the east coast that we will not see so often once we make a move to the west coast. We came up with a list of three people that we would like to visit while we’re still living on the east coast. Now to take a hard look at the calendar and plan these trips. Probably won’t happen until April at the earliest.
So we’re now into February and I’m looking at my goals and working on them. Having this post has kept my goals in the forefront of my mind. I just have to remember the key is to keep looking forward!