A new year, a fresh start and endless possibilities await us as we move through the year. May you all have a wonderful year ahead. wishing you health and happiness this New Year! Goal setting was a big part of my New Year’s resolutions last year and I plan once again write my goals down and keep track of them on a weekly basis!
1. Continue to monetize my blog. This is an ongoing goal. I made a start last year and plan to continue on with it this year. Part of this goal involves getting my readership up. If you enjoy reading my bog please recommend it to your friends. The more the merrier!
2. Create a cookbook. You may remember this goal was on my list last year and I finally put it aside. With making a cross country move and packing I did not have time to complete this goal. I would like to have my cookbook ready by November 2019. The recipes are there it’s just a matter of organizing the into a book!
3. Have 20 minutes of exercise at least 5 times a week. Last year I was a little ambitious about this goal and I really thought I could get 10k steps in at least five times a week. It just didn’t happen. So 20 minutes a day should be doable and I can always increase it!
4. Explore ten parks or hiking trails in this new state of Washington we now call home! There is so much to see and do around here and some excellent hiking trails. It would be nice To do some exploring on a monthly basis!
5. Incorporate 20 new recipes into our dinner plans with the focus being on healthy eating. I love finding new recipes so this should be fun.
6. Read 35 new books this year. Last year my goal was 25 and I competed that and kept going! Decided to move it to 35 this year! Keeping track on Goodreads is a great motivator, I can keep track of the books I want to read and the books I have read all on one app. I’m starting my reading with these four books which I’ve been meaning to read all year! Anyone have any recommendations for books you’ve enjoyed in the last year?
7. Complete 4 knitting or sewing projects this year. I have several big sewing projects I want to complete as well as a few smaller ones. Looking forward to moving into our own home and having a little more room to sew. Four sewing and knitting projects should be doable. First project to complete is a set of placemats! I friend of mine gave me the material and I think it will be perfect for contrasting!
8. Visit family on the west coast. We have relatives that live here on the west coast. Some just a few hours away and others more like 7 hours away. Look forward especially to visiting my cousin in British Columbia.
9. Explore 6 new museums in the area. There is so much to learn about this new area we are living in. First on the list will be the Tacoma Glass Museum.
10. Find a new home. This sounds simple but we still have to decide exactly where we want to be! Somewhere between Tacoma and Portland and definitely not right in the city. My ideal home would have enough room to have a vegetable garden and some fruit trees or bushes and maybe even a little room for a few chickens, hoping that’s possible in this populated area!
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
This post may contain affiliate links. These affiliate links help support this site.
For more information, please see my disclosure policy. Thank you for supporting Nancy On The Home Front.