Goal setting is an ongoing process and I was reminded lately that the satisfaction is in the journey! It’s easy to be discouraged with the progress of meeting a goal but slow and steady wins the race!
- Continue to monetize my blog. My ongoing goal. Have you taken the time to check out my page on Amazon? This page is where I put all the items I just love, from favorite cookbooks to gardening tools. Please check it out. Another aspect of this goal involves increasing my readership. If you enjoy reading my blog, please recommend it to your friends. I sure appreciate all my new subscribers!
2. Create a cookbook. You may remember this goal was on my list last year and I finally put it aside. My goal for this year is to have my cookbook ready by November 2019. This is going to be a long process and I hope you don’t get tired of hearing about it. I promise you when the cookbook is finished it will be worth it!
3. Have 20 minutes of exercise at least 5 times a week. Enjoyed lots of exercise while visiting out grandchildren Portland. We joked with our six year old grandson that he should bottle all his energy! Arrived back to our apartment to more snow! Not a lot by any means but really thought spring was just around the corner!
ten 9 parks or hiking trails in the state of Washington we now call home! Didn’t happen. Look forward to the next park we discover! I have been enjoying all the blooming heather in the snow lately!
20 11 new recipes into our dinner plans with the focus on healthy eating. Made a delicious soup called Emergency Soup. Made from ingredients that I’m sure everyone has on hand! Cooks up quickly and is the perfect soup when you need a fast meal! I’ll be sharing the recipe on Friday!
35 24 new books this year. Finished my eleventh book , Circe by Madeline Miller. another good read, quite different from anything else I’ve ever read. Remember learning about the figures from the Odyssey? This is the story of the daughter of Helios, god of the sun and mightiest Titan, and Perse, a sea nymph. I was surprised how swept up I got in the tale of Circe.
Four 1 knitting or sewing projects this year. The third project is finished. I have put together two more sets of placemats using the material sent to my by a dear friend. Think the next project will involve knitting! I recently discovered some knitting patterns that a classmate of mine from high school has available online! Think I may order one for my next knitting project! Years ago the patterns were sold in a Yarn Shop in my hometown. They were always the best patterns. I was thrilled to find them available online!
8. Visit family on the west coast. Had a wonderful few days visiting our grandchildren in Portland. No time for exploring, but did manage a nice walk with my grandson!
Six 5 new museums in the area. The pass for the Tacoma Glass Museum is one popular pass. Still patiently waiting to grab this pass.
10. Find a new home! Frustrated is the key word in the house search, found another house we really liked but as as we were leaving the house after looking it over, our realtor got a notice that the owners had just accepted an offer 10K over the asking price. Ah the challenges of looking for a new home in a very hot market.
“Success is the progressive realization of a worthy goal or ideal.”
This post may contain affiliate links. These affiliate links help support this site.
For more information, please see my disclosure policy. Thank you for supporting Nancy On The Home Front.