My first goal was to update my goal list each week. I have to say having a post on goal setting has helped me to stay focused on what goals I want to accomplish this year.
The biggest drawback is to remind myself that I have the whole year to work on accomplishing these goals. Hopefully you, my faithful readers will remember this as well and not get tired of reading about my progress!
Find a new hosting site for my blog and make the site secure.Done!! So excited after all this time I finally have a secure website! Now to work on monetizing the site.
- Monetize my blog. Still on my to do list. Time to put this goal on the forefront! Be nice to have some money coming in for a change. No progress yet on this goal.
- Create a cookbook! One step at a time, get the blog running smoothly, increase readership and then I’ll be working on the cookbook! I’ve done one cookbook in the past but it was for a family Christmas gift. I’ve also had numerous recipes published in the Gooseberry Patch Cookbooks but this will be my first very own cookbook!
- Be diligent about getting 10 K steps in 5 out of 7 days each week. My husband and I continue to work out 5 days out of 7 using our online program! Our weather has been crazy, nice weather followed by a snow storm. I think we have gotten more snow since March 1st than we got all winter! We did get a nice snow shoe in this weekend! We snow shoed for over two hours in deep snow and finally got 10k steps!! Maybe I should start with getting 10K steps for one day out of seven! It was a beautiful snow shoe and so much snow!
- As we continue to prepare for an eventual house sale continue to de-clutter. Get rid of at least 250 items from the house this year! Went through the hall closet this week and pulled our a few jackets and coats. Then my husband went through his clothes and pulled out some shirts that he hasn’t worn in ages! Thirteen more items out and 209 items to go!
more25 books this year! Last week I mentioned connecting with family on Good Reads, what a wonderful app. I can keep track of all the books I have read, the books I want to read and the books I am reading. I listed on the app that I want to read 25 books this year, 23 to go! Finished The Book Thief this week, different writing style but a very good read!
- Have a consistent meal plan each week and prepare ahead! Nice to be back on track with meal planning. Trying to keep the balance of having a few things in the freezer and not letting anything go to waste.
43 knitting projects. First project completed, second project started. Or maybe I should say third project as I do have the mini sweater ornaments in the works. The infinity scarf I started last week I stopped and started another one with thicker yarn. Making progress and will hopefully finish it soon!
- Clean out our freezer. Used up the soup I froze last week and made a delicious strawberry rhubarb pie for a dinner we had with friends. Nice to use up some of last year’s rhubarb, before I know it I’ll be harvesting again!
- Take a few road trips and visit family and friends on the east coast that we will not see so often once we make a move to the west coast. We came up with a list of three people that we would like to visit while we’re still living on the east coast. Now to take a hard look at the calendar and plan these trips. Probably won’t happen until April at the earliest. This week we are packing our bags for a business trip to Colorado!
So we’re now into March and I’m continuing to think about my goals every week. I think having them on paper and reviewing them each week is really helpful! This might be the first year I actually complete the majority if not all of my goals!