My first goal was to update my goal list each week. I have to say having an ongoing post on goal setting has helped me to stay focused on what goals I want to accomplish this year.
The biggest drawback is to remind myself that I have the whole year to work on accomplishing these goals. Hopefully you, my faithful readers will remember this as well and not get tired of reading about my progress!
Find a new hosting site for my blog and make the site secure.Done!! So excited after all this time I finally have a secure website! Now to work on monetizing the site.
- Monetize my blog. Still on my to do list. Time to put this goal on the forefront! Be nice to have some money coming in for a change. No progress yet on this goal.
- Create a cookbook! One step at a time, get the blog running smoothly, increase readership and then I’ll be working on the cookbook!
- Be diligent about getting 10 K steps in 5 out of 7 days each week. I may not be getting my steps in but my husband and I continue to work out 5 days out of 7 using our online program! Our weather has been crazy, nice weather followed by a snow storm. Snow storms in March can be the worst as the roads are no longer frozen and when they plow it’s a muddy mess. Thankful I can get a workout in inside! I keep reminding myself that spring is coming!
- As we continue to prepare for an eventual house sale continue to de-clutter. Get rid of at least 250 items from the house this year! Continuing to go through our closets, managed to pull another 6 items plus the book I finished reading means 7 more items out of the house! 222 items to go!
more25 books this year! Last week I mentioned connecting with family on Good Reads, what a wonderful app. I can keep track of all the books I have read, the books I want to read and the books I am reading. I listed on the app that I want to read 25 books this year, 24 to go! Good to be a little more specific in my goal. Finally finished the book Under the Wide and Starry Sky. I actually ended up liking it! I also started a book recommended by my daughter The Book Thief, really enjoying it.
- Have a consistent meal plan each week and prepare ahead! Nice to be back on track with meal planning. Managed to make two batches of soup this week which means soup to enjoy now and another meal in the freezer. Also made some delicious Quinoa Spinach Muffins, perfect for a quick breakfast. I made enough for two breakfasts! It’s a fine line to make some meals ahead but at the same time I don’t want to fill the freezer!
43 knitting projects. First project completed, second project started. Or maybe I should say third project as I do have the mini sweater ornaments in the works. However I have been meaning to knit an infinity scarf for ages. Love the colors of this scarf, it is supposed to be a present but blue is my favorite color and I may end up wearing it myself!
- Clean out our freezer. Used up lots of fruit this week. Frozen blueberries work well in a smoothie but make it so thick!! We have friends coming for dinner next weekend and I’ll use up the last of my frozen strawberries and some frozen rhubarb and make a strawberry rhubarb pie. Little by little I’m getting there.
- Take a few road trips and visit family and friends on the east coast that we will not see so often once we make a move to the west coast. We came up with a list of three people that we would like to visit while we’re still living on the east coast. Now to take a hard look at the calendar and plan these trips. Probably won’t happen until April at the earliest. We will be flying to Denver on a business trip and at the same time we’ll get to visit some dear friends who moved there last year. Can’t wait!
So we’re now into March and I’m continuing to think about my goals every week. I think having them on paper and reviewing them each week is really helpful! This might be the first year I actually complete the majority if not all of my goals!