My first goal was to update my goal list each week. I have to say having a post on goal setting has helped me to stay focused on what goals I want to accomplish this year.
The biggest drawback is to remind myself that I have the whole year to work on accomplishing these goals. Hopefully you , my faithful readers will remember this as well and not get tired of reading about my progress!
Find a new hosting site for my blog and make the site secure.Done!! So excited after all this time I finally have a secure website! Now to work on monetizing the site.
- Monetize my blog. Still on my to do list. Time to put this goal on the forefront! Be nice to have some money coming in for a change.
- Create a cookbook! One step at a time, get the blog running smoothly, increase readership and then I’ll be working on the cookbook!
- Be diligent about getting 10 K steps in 5 out of 7 days each week. Despite a houseful of company this weekend my husband and I did get our workout in 5 days out of 7 using our online program! We also had a nice long four mile walk on Saturday morning, the roads were muddy and icy so we stuck to the paved road. Nice to be out and about!
- As we continue to prepare for an eventual house sale continue to de-clutter. Get rid of at least 250 items from the house this year! Too busy this week getting ready for company to do much de-cluttering however I decided I am not moving the Aerobed my husband and I slept on this weekend so that is going to be listed on FreeCycle! 229 items to go!
- Read more books this year! Very little time to read this week! However I did connect with the rest of the family on Good Reads so I will have no shortage of ideas of future books to read. It’s a great app to keep track of what you read as well as give recommendations for books you might like! So many books, so little time!
- Have a consistent meal plan each week and prepare ahead! Running late this week but I am determined to get back on track with consistent meal planing and having meals prepared ahead of time!
43 knitting projects. First project completed, knitting bag sitting by the couch but as I said no free time this week!
- Clean out our freezer. With all the company here we did a bit of emptying the freezer, consumed two lasagnas, lots of bread and a coffee cake! Still have a bit of frozen fruit to use up. Maybe frozen blueberries in our smoothie this week!
- Take a few road trips and visit family and friends on the east coast that we will not see so often once we make a move to the west coast. We came up with a list of three people that we would like to visit while we’re still living on the east coast. Now to take a hard look at the calendar and plan these trips. Probably won’t happen until April at the earliest.
So we’re now into February and I’m looking at my goals and working on them. Having this post has kept my goals in the forefront of my mind. I just have to remember the key is to keep looking forward!