Two weeks and we are heading west! The house is looking very packed up, and it looks like everything has fallen into place and the closing will occur as planned.
1. Find a new hosting site for my blog and make it secure. Done! This was the first goal accomplished this year and I am so happy to have a secure website.
2. Monetize my blog. I have set up two affiliate accounts. You may be noticing links to my favorite items on Amazon. I’ve also teamed up with an amazing heirloom seed company, Mary’s Heirloom Seeds. Really don’t want to clutter my blog up with too many ads however I sure appreciate any support in running this blog!
3. Create a cookbook. This is definitely getting put on hold. Hopefully I’ll have more time once we are relocated, this may be postponed until the new year!
Be diligent about getting 10K steps in 5 out of 7 days a week. I’ve decided to change this goal to 3 out of 7 days a week! I may not be getting outside to get my steps in but with all the running around packing and going upstairs and downstairs I am managing to get my steps in! Just so you know I count my week Tuesday to Tuesday since that is the day I post my goals!
As we continue to prepare for our house sale, continue to de-clutter. DONE!!
Read 25 books this year! Done! I have read all the books I had set up to read this year. Of course this doesn’t mean I have stopped reading. This week I am reading The Storyteller’s Secret by Sejal Badani. Such a wonderful story, the main character is Jaya, a New York journalist, who travels to India to uncover her family’s past.
7. Have a consistent meal plan each week and prepare ahead. No plans other than to use up every little bit in the pantry and the freezer. Made broiled shrimp with couscous and frozen peppers last night. Used up a box of couscous, a bag of frozen peppers and some frozen shrimp. Plus it was absolutely delicious!
8. Finish 4 knitting projects. Completed! Made two hats and two scarves. Since this goal is completed I am going to put the baby sweater I was working on aside. I have a hard time knitting when the weather is warm so I will finish this sweater but probably not until the fall! Maybe I’ll do some knitting on the drive west? I am planning to take my knitting bag in the car.
9. Clean out our freezer. Definitely a priority now! I have only 2 weeks to use up ingredients in the freezer and the pantry! The downstairs freezer is empty. Making progress on the upstairs freezer. As I mentioned above, used up the bag of peppers and the shrimp as well as a bag of peas. Not much left in there!
10. Take a few road trips and visit family and friends on the east coast that we will not see as often once we move to the west coast. Have two road trips planned before we move. One to visit my aunt and my husband’s aunt on the Cape. Our last visit will be to see my mother-in-law and enjoy one last meal at Pepe’s! It will be worth the wait!
“What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.”
This post may contain affiliate links. These affiliate links help support this site.
For more information, please see my disclosure policy. Thank you for supporting Nancy On The Home Front