Three weeks and we are heading west! At least that’s what the plan is. One more week before we know for sure that the issues are resolved. Everyone assures us that things we’ll be fine and we’ll close as planned.
1. Find a new hosting site for my blog and make it secure. Done! This was the first goal accomplished this year and I am so happy to have a secure website.
2. Monetize my blog. I have set up two affiliate accounts. You may be noticing links to my favorite items on Amazon. I’ve also teamed up with an amazing heirloom seed company, Mary’s Heirloom Seeds. Really don’t want to clutter my blog up with too many ads however I sure appreciate any support in running this blog!
3. Create a cookbook. This is definitely getting put on hold. Hopefully I’ll have more time once we are relocated, this may be postponed until the new year!
Be diligent about getting 10K steps in 5 out of 7 days a week. I’ve decided to change this goal to 3 out of 7 days a week! Busy, busy week. Our son left and more company arrived for an overnight, they left and we had a crowd here for the weekend. Friends we’ve know for ever! In fact one of the men visiting and my husband have been friends since they were 4! Got some nice walks in but did not meet my goal this week.
As we continue to prepare for our house sale, continue to de-clutter. DONE!!
Read 25 books this year! Done! I have read all the books I had set up to read this year. Of course this doesn’t mean I have stopped reading. I’d been waiting for Glass Houses by Louise Penny which finally came in. I was trying to get it done before the return date and I almost made it. Nothing more frustrating that opening your Kindle app and seeing the book vanish before your eyes! I put another hold on it but I am #15! I was really enjoying it too.
7. Have a consistent meal plan each week and prepare ahead. This week all the prep was in preparing for a house full of company for Labor Day weekend! We had 9 people staying here for the weekend and twenty for dinner Sunday night. such a wonderful gathering of friends and family. the downstairs freezer is completely empty, we ate all the lasagna I had made for the weekend. Started off the weekend with 8 for dinner on Friday night. Served the Baked Spaghetti which was a hit!
8. Finish 4 knitting projects. Completed! Made two hats and two scarves. Since this goal is completed I am going to put the baby sweater I was working on aside. I have a hard time knitting when the weather is warm so I will finish this sweater but probably not until the fall! Maybe I’ll do some knitting on the drive west? I am planning to take my knitting bag in the car.
9. Clean out our freezer. Definitely a priority now! I have only 3 weeks to use up ingredients in the freezer and the pantry! The downstairs freezer is empty. Making progress on the upstairs freezer. In another couple of weeks it should be just about empty! I was happy that the crowd consumed the majority of the food this weekend, ended up with very few leftovers! We will enjoy eating the last of the cake our friends surprised us with!
10. Take a few road trips and visit family and friends on the east coast that we will not see as often once we move to the west coast. We will be staying put until one last road trip in September. It was a full week of company again. So wonderful to catch up with everyone before we start our big adventure of moving west. We plan to make two stops on our trip west. It will be fun trip and we’ll beak it up with a two day stop in Colorado staying with friends.
“What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.”
This post may contain affiliate links. These affiliate links help support this site.
For more information, please see my disclosure policy. Thank you for supporting Nancy On The Home Front