Five weeks and we are heading west! At least that’s the plan. We have had a little set-back with a few issues which we are hoping are resolved soon. In the meantime we just keep packing!
1. Find a new hosting site for my blog and make it secure. Done! This was the first goal accomplished this year and I am so happy to have a secure website.
2. Monetize my blog. I have set up two affiliate accounts. You may be noticing links to my favorite items on Amazon. I’ve also teamed up with an amazing heirloom seed company, Mary’s Heirloom Seeds. Really don’t want to clutter my blog up with too many ads.
3. Create a cookbook. This is definitely getting put on hold. Hopefully I’ll have more time once we are relocated, this may be postponed until the new year!
Be diligent about getting 10K steps in 5 out of 7 days a week. I’ve decided to change this goal to 3 out of 7 days a week! Did better this week, managed to get all my steps in 2 out of the 7 days. Plus I had more steps overall than the week before!
As we continue to prepare for our house sale, continue to de-clutter. DONE!!
6. Read 25 books this year! I’m on track! Finally finished reading The Weed That Strings the Hangman’s Bag. Light entertaining reading about a smart eleven year old with a passion for chemistry and solving murders. Also received a notice from the library that thee books I’ve been waiting for are all in. Seriously, I’m going to find time to read all three in three weeks before I have to return them! I’ll do my best! Only 1 book left to read to complete this goal!
7. Have a consistent meal plan each week and prepare ahead. We had company over the weekend and also had a fabulous dinner at our friends house on Sunday. Rest of the week was spent eating whatever was on hand, frozen grilled hamburgers etc. Even had granola one night. This week our son is coming home to say good bye to our house. Will definitely have meals planned while he is here. Probably some of my husband’s fabulous pizza!
8. Finish 4 knitting projects. Completed! Made two hats and two scarves. Since this goal is completed I am going to put the baby sweater I was working on aside. I have a hard time knitting when the weather is warm so I will finish this sweater but probably not until the fall! Maybe I’ll do some knitting on the drive west?
9. Clean out our freezer. Definitely a priority now! I have only 5 weeks to use up ingredients in the freezer and the pantry! Finally got those last packages of frozen tomato sauce out of the freezer to make spaghetti sauce while my son is home. Hopefully it will all be gone by the time my son heads back home, otherwise we’ll be eating spaghetti for the next week! Once Labor Day comes and goes this freezer will be completely empty and I can probably unplug it!
10. Take a few road trips and visit family and friends on the east coast that we will not see as often once we move to the west coast. We will be staying put until one last road trip in September. Instead we have friends coming to visit us! Looking forward to these visits although it will be hard to say good bye!
“All who have accomplished great things have had a great aim,
have fixed their gaze on a goal which was high,
one which sometimes seemed impossible.”
Orison Swett Marden
This post may contain affiliate links. These affiliate links help support this site.
For more information, please see my disclosure policy. Thank you for supporting Nancy On The Home Front