Six weeks and we are heading west! Our days are packed with packing and passing along things we just won’t need. Exciting times to be sure. Goal setting has fallen a bit by the wayside, although I am pleased to have some of my goals completed!
1. Find a new hosting site for my blog and make it secure. Done! This was the first goal accomplished this year and I am so happy to have a secure website.
2. Monetize my blog. I have set up two affiliate accounts. You may be noticing links to my favorite items on Amazon. I’ve also teamed up with an amazing heirloom seed company, Mary’s Heirloom Seeds. Really don’t want to clutter my blog up with too many ads.
3. Create a cookbook. This is definitely getting put on hold. Hopefully I’ll have more time once we are relocated, this may be postponed until the new year!
Be diligent about getting 10K steps in 5 out of 7 days a week. I’ve decided to change this goal to 3 out of 7 days a week! Did not do well at all this week on this goal. Between the traveling and the rain it just didn’t happen.
As we continue to prepare for our house sale, continue to de-clutter. DONE!!
6. Read 25 books this year! I’m on track! This week I’m still reading The Weed That Strings the Hangman’s Bag. Light entertaining reading about a smart eleven year old with a passion for chemistry and solving murders. Good book but haven’t quite finished it yet. Only 2 books left to read to complete this goal!
7. Have a consistent meal plan each week and prepare ahead. Not happening! Meals are being planned around using up ingredients on hand. Last week we used up some wraps and made Tortilla Pizza. It’s a favorite in our house and along with some appetizers made a perfect dinner.
8. Finish 4 knitting projects. Completed! Made two hats and two scarves. Since this goal is completed I am going to put the baby sweater I was working on aside. I have a hard time knitting when the weather is warm so I will finish this sweater but probably not until the fall! Maybe I’ll do some knitting on the drive west?
9. Clean out our freezer. Definitely a priority now! I have only 6 weeks to use up ingredients in the freezer and the pantry! The downstairs freezer has two frozen lasagnas for Labor Day weekend and only a few bags of frozen tomato sauce left. This hasn’t changed much as we were out of town for much of the week!
10. Take a few road trips and visit family and friends on the east coast that we will not see as often once we move to the west coast. We spent the weekend in Connecticut visiting family. I enjoy these breaks from packing! When we are home every free minute is taken up with packing boxes. It was nice to have a relaxing weekend. Such fun to gather with family and friends!
“A goal properly set is halfway reached.”
This post may contain affiliate links. These affiliate links help support this site.
For more information, please see my disclosure policy. Thank you for supporting Nancy On The Home Front