Seven weeks and the adventure of heading west begins! Our days are packed with packing and we have a busy month ahead with lots of company coming to visit one last time. Exciting times to be sure. Goal setting has fallen a bit by the wayside although I am pleased to have some of my goals completed!
1. Find a new hosting site for my blog and make it secure. Done! This was the first goal accomplished this year and I am so happy to have a secure website.
2. Monetize my blog. I have set up two affiliate accounts. You may be noticing links to my favorite items on Amazon. I’ve also teamed up with an amazing heirloom seed company, Mary’s Heirloom Seeds. Really don’t want to clutter my blog up with too many ads.
3. Create a cookbook. This is definitely getting put on hold. Hopefully I’ll have more time once we are relocated, this may be postponed until the new year!
Be diligent about getting 10K steps in 5 out of 7 days a week. I’ve decided to change this goal to 3 out of 7 days a week! Did pretty well this week and managed to get my 10K steps in 4 days out of the 7. Most of it was done running up and down stairs as I pack!
As we continue to prepare for our house sale, continue to de-clutter. DONE!!
6. Read 25 books this year! I’m on track! This week I’m reading The Weed That Strings the Hangman’s Bag. Light entertaining reading about a smart eleven year with a passion for chemistry and solving murders. Only 2 books left to read to complete this goal!
7. Have a consistent meal plan each week and prepare ahead. Not happening! Meals are being planned around using up ingredients on hand. Enjoyed the last of the pumpkin muffins this week.
8. Finish 4 knitting projects. Completed! Made two hats and two scarves. Since this goal is completed I am going to put the baby sweater I was working on aside. I have a hard time knitting when the weather is warm so I will finish this sweater but probably not until the fall!Maybe I’ll do some knitting on the drive west?
9. Clean out our freezer. Definitely a priority now! I have only 7 weeks to use up ingredients in the freezer and the pantry! The downstairs freezer has two frozen lasagnas for Labor Day weekend and only a few bags of frozen tomato sauce left.
10. Take a few road trips and visit family and friends on the east coast that we will not see as often once we move to the west coast. We have a few short road trips coming up. Visiting friends in the Northeast Kingdom and in Connecticut this week and traveling to the Cape in September to visit family. Much easier to make these trips while we are still on the east coast! Looking forward to sitting on our friend’s porch in the Northeast Kingdom this week. It is one of the most beautiful and relaxing spots. Plus it will be so nice to take a break from packing boxes!
“If you want to be happy,
set a goal that commands your thoughts,
liberates your energy and inspires your hopes.”
This post may contain affiliate links. These affiliate links help support this site.
For more information, please see my disclosure policy. Thank you for supporting Nancy On The Home Front