Eight Weeks and the adventure of heading west begins! Our days are packed and we have a busy month ahead with lots of company coming to visit one last time. Exciting times to be sure. Goal setting has fallen a bit by the wayside although I am pleased to have some of my goals completed!
1. Find a new hosting site for my blog and make it secure. Done! This was the first goal accomplished this year and I am so happy to have a secure website.
2. Monetize my blog. I have set up two affiliate accounts. You may be noticing links to my favorite items on Amazon. I’ve also teamed up with an amazing heirloom seed company, Mary’s Heirloom Seeds. Really don’t want to clutter my blog up with too many ads.
3. Create a cookbook. This is definitely getting put on hold. Hopefully I’ll have more time once we are relocated, may be postponed until the new year!
Be diligent about getting 10K steps in 5 out of 7 days a week. I’ve decided to change this goal to 3 out of 7 days a week! Even with that change I’m too busy packing to be out walking!
As we continue to prepare for our house sale, continue to de-clutter. DONE!! So nice to have completed the goal of de-cluttereing 250 items! this doesn’t mean I have stopped getting rid of stuff by any means. In fact we had a friend stop by last week and we filled his truck with items from our garage! I’m also selling numerous smaller items in eBay. Certainly can’t move all this stuff!
6. Read 25 books this year! I’m on track! Only 2 books left to read to complete this goal! No books finished this week. Should have another one to add next week however!
7. Have a consistent meal plan each week and prepare ahead. Not happening! My goal is to empty the freezer and the pantry. Meals are planed around using up ingredients on hand. We are not planning on moving many pantry items except my spices! Did use up some frozen sausage and my husband made an awesome sausage pizza on Sunday night. I think it’s my favorite!
8. Finish 4 knitting projects. Completed! Made two hats and two scarves. Since this goal is completed I am going to put the baby sweater I was working on aside. I have a hard time knitting when the weather is warm so I will finish this sweater but probably not until the fall! Maybe I’ll do some knitting on the drive west?
9. Clean out our freezer. Definitely a priority now! I have only 8 weeks to use up ingredients in the freezer and the pantry! The downstairs freezer has a frozen lasagna for Labor Day weekend and only a few bags of frozen tomato sauce.
10. Take a few road trips and visit family and friends on the east coast that we will not see as often once we move to the west coast. Finally talked to my aunt about a possible visit. Other than one more trip to Connecticut to see family there I think our short road trips are coming to an end. The next trip will be our drive west.
You have to set goals that are almost out of reach.
If you set a goal that is attainable without much work or thought,
you are stuck with something below your true talent and potential.”
This post may contain affiliate links. These affiliate links help support this site.
For more information, please see my disclosure policy. Thank you for supporting Nancy On The Home Front