Deep breath. We received an offer and the contract is signed! Looks like we finally sold our house. Moving date set for the end of September. Our adventure to the west coast begins! I have to say it’s a rollercoaster of emotions, so excited to be joining our four children and grandchildren on the west coast and so sad to leave our family and friends behind on the east coast. I just keep telling myself, “Be anxious for nothing.”
1. Find a new hosting site for my blog and make it secure. Done! This was the first goal accomplished this year and I am so happy to have a secure website.
2. Monetize my blog. This is in the works, I have set up two affiliate accounts. Soon you’ll be seeing links to my favorite items on Amazon. I’ve also teamed up with an amazing heirloom seed company, Mary’s Heirloom Seeds. Really don’t want to clutter my blog up with too many ads.
3. Create a cookbook. This is definitely getting put on hold. Hopefully I’ll have more time once we are relocated, may be postponed until the new year!
Be diligent about getting 10K steps in 5 out of 7 days a week. I’ve decided to change this goal to 3 out of 7 days a week! Three days a week seems to be doable at this point. We spent the weekend on a lake in New Hampshire and enjoyed a beautiful morning walk.
5. As we continue to prepare for our house sale, continue to de-clutter. We are now beginning to purge! So many pieces of furniture that we won’t be moving. There will be no problem completing this goal! Managed to pass along 2 canvas beach chairs and some plastic wine glasses this week. 18 items to go.
6. Read 25 books this year! Back on track! Finished a book this week! Read Heading Out To Wonderful by Robert Goolrick. Someone recommended it to me and it was one of those books that was a good story until it wan’t! I didn’t like the ending which is always disappointing after you’ve spent your time reading the whole book. Only 3 books left to read to complete this goal!
7. Have a consistent meal plan each week and prepare ahead. This did not happen this week! We were away visiting friends for the weekend and the days before we were just eating what was on hand! Finished up the delicious grilled tomatoes on pasta, just as good as leftovers!
8. Finish 4 knitting projects. Completed! Made two hats and two scarves. Since this goal is completed I am going to put the baby sweater I was working on aside. I have a hard time knitting when the weather is warm so I will finish this sweater but probably not until the fall!
9. Clean out our freezer. Definitely a priority now! Used up some of my frozen pumpkin and made pumpkin scones. I have a little over 60 days to clean out not only the freezer but the pantry! Already putting together a bag for the local food pantry of items I know we won’t have time to eat before the end of September!
10. Take a few road trips and visit family and friends on the east coast that we will not see as often once we move to the west coast. Calling my aunt this week to arrange a time to come visit. Top priority to see her before we head west! Not so sure we’ll get to Maine to see our friends there.
“By recording your dreams and goals on paper, you set in motion the process of be.
Put your future in good hands—your own.”
Mark Victor Hansen
This post may contain affiliate links. These affiliate links help support this site.
For more information, please see my disclosure policy. Thank you for supporting Nancy On The Home Front