What a busy summer! First a road trip, then a short weekend trip to visit family and another busy weekend ahead! Folks interested in our house and trying to negotiate a price we both agree on is so stressful! We’ll see what happens.
1. Find a new hosting site for my blog and make it secure. Done! This was the first goal accomplished this year and I am so happy to have a secure website.
2. Monetize my blog. This is in the works, I have set up two affiliate accounts. Soon you’ll be seeing links to my favorite items on amazon. I’ve also teamed up with an amazing heirloom seed company, Mary’s Heirloom Seeds.
3. Create a cookbook. This is definitely getting put on hold. Hopefully I’ll have more time this fall.
Be diligent about getting 10K steps in 5 out of 7 days a week. I’ve decided to change this goal to 3 out of 7 days a week! Three days seems to be doable at this point. We spent this past weekend visiting family in Connecticut. I love walking there so many beautiful old homes to look at!
5. As we continue to prepare for an eventual house sale, continue to de-clutter. Our week was so busy I only managed to discard four items plus I gave 2 books away to friends. 21 items to go.
6. Read 25 books this year! Did not manage to finish a book this week! Still have 4 books left to read to complete this goal!
7. Have a consistent meal plan each week and prepare ahead. This past week was so hot I made a large batch of macaroni salad which we ate all week! I did change it up each night, one night adding tunafish another night adding hard boiled eggs. Lasted all week! Also enjoyed some delicious carrot slaw with grilled chicken one night.
8. Finish 4 knitting projects. Completed! Made two hats and two scarves. Since this goal is completed I am going to put the baby sweater I was working on aside. I have a hard time knitting when the weather is warm so I will finish this sweater but probably not until the fall!
9. Clean out our freezer. The only thing I cleaned out of the freezer last week was ice!
10. Take a few road trips and visit family and friends on the east coast that we will not see as often once we move to the west coast. Our long road trip to Virginia and North Carolina to visit friends and family is over. It was a lot of driving but so much fun. We have two shorter trips we are hoping to make in the near future. Next on the list is my aunt in upstate New York! She’s 90 so it’s time to pay her a visit.
I may not be checking off a ton of goals each week but I feel like I’m making progress.
“You’ll never achieve the goals you don’t set.”
This post may contain affiliate links. These affiliate links help support this site.
For more information, please see my disclosure policy. Thank you for supporting Nancy On The Home Front