The year is flying by. I’m having a hard time focusing on my goals during this busy month of June! Keeping the house picked up for showings, staying on top of the gardening and getting ready for our first road trip of the summer makes it hard to focus on the goals I set in January.
1. Find a new hosting site for my blog and make it secure. Done! This was the first goal accomplished this year and I am so happy to have a secure website.
2. Monetize my blog. This is in the works, I have set up two affiliate accounts. Keep your eyes open as I will be sharing links to my favorite items on Amazon. I’ve also teamed up with an amazing heirloom seed company, Mary’s Heirloom Seeds. The .99 cent sale is still going on. Plus she’s got a lot of other great offers on her site. Click here for more information.
3. Create a cookbook. One step at a time, as we are now in the gardening seasoning and I’m spending as much time as I can outside this goal might be pushed off until later this summer or maybe even the fall.
4. Be diligent about getting 10K steps in 5 out of 7 days a week. Almost! Managed to get my 10K steps in four days out of 7. Came close on a few other days but didn’t quite make it. My husband just got his own FitBit so he is now joining me on this goal. Helps to have someone encouraging you to get those steps in! I have to admit I love taking a walk at the end of the day, the light has been so beautiful!
5. As we continue to prepare for an eventual house sale, continue to de-clutter. Reading a great book on The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up (more below) which is helping me to take a closer look on the items still in our house. Manage to collect a box of 30 assorted items this week, everything from clothing and books to hangers. 43 items to go.
6. Read 25 books this year! Still reading a book called The Insanity of Obedience. I am also reading the book The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo, the book is all about getting rid of stuff and how we organize the stuff we do have. Easy read and really is helping me to think about the stuff I have and why I want to keep it. This will be a great assistant in helping me get rid of the last 43 items on my goal list! 7 books to go!
7. Have a consistent meal plan each week and prepare ahead. No prepping for anything going on this week as we are getting ready to leave town. I am loving the new book I was asked to review called Prep Ahead Breakfasts & Lunches. If you are interested in ordering the book, please click on the image below.
8. Finish 4 knitting projects. Completed! Made two hats and two scarves. Found a baby sweater that I’d started years ago so I’m going to keep knitting and finish that sweater. Another week with no knitting! I am hoping to get some work done while we are on our car trip. Not feeling too bad since I did reach my goal of finishing 4 knitting projects. Anything accomplished from here on out is a bonus.
9. Clean out our freezer. As I’ve said before our basement freezer is nearly empty. My husband made a delicious Tomato Basil Pizza this week which used up one of the bags of tomato sauce!
10. Take a few road trips and visit family and friends on the east coast that we will not see as often once we move to the west coast. Another week until we head off on our road trip! So thankful for friends to watch the house so we can go visit our southern friends! Love how the plans are all falling into place. Really looking forward to catching up with our friends and family.
I may not be checking off a ton of goals each week but I feel like I’m making progress. The house is certainly feeling less cluttered these days and I’m making progress on the other goals as well. One day at a time!
This post may contain affiliate links. These affiliate links help support this site.
For more information, please see my disclosure policy. Thank you for supporting Nancy On The Home Front