My first goal was to update my goal list each week. I can’t believe how fast the year is flying by, it’s almost June! I’m enjoying keeping my goals in the forefront. I’m thinking about them each week and realizing that some goals are so easy to accomplish, like reading. While other goals are more challenging.
1. Find a new hosting site for my blog and make it secure. Done! This was the first goal accomplished this year and I am so happy to have a secure website.
2. Monetize my blog. This is in the works, I have set up two affiliate accounts. Soon you’ll be seeing links to my favorite items on amazon. I’ve also teamed up with an amazing heirloom seed company, Mary’s Heirloom Seeds. There is currently a 99 cent sale going on. Click here for more information.
3. Create a cookbook. One step at a time, as we are now in the gardening seasoning and I’m spending as much time as I can outside this goal might be pushed off until later this summer.
4. Be diligent about getting 10K steps in 5 out of 7 days a week. This is the first week I have accomplished this goal! Being outside almost every day sure helps to get my steps in plus with the days getting longer it is nice to take a walk at the end of the day.
5. As we continue to prepare for an eventual house sale, continue to de-clutter. Felt so good to have a car load of items out of the house last week. We have a local church that has a big sale later this summer. Everything we collect now will be donated. Didn’t make much progress on this goal this week. Only one item out of the house. It’s going to be hard to beat the carfull that left last week! 73 items to go.
6. Read 25 books this year! Spent very little time reading this week. I am currently reading a book called The Insanity of Obedience. Very good and very meaty book. I read a little and then have to think hard about what I’ve read. I have 7 more books to read this year, not a problem!
7. Have a consistent meal plan each week and prepare ahead. I am loving the new book I was asked to review called Prep Ahead Breakfasts & Lunches. This week I made Apple Pie Baked Oatmeal. It is delicious. Makes 12 servings and will store in the fridge for five days or you can freeze it.
8. Finish 4 knitting projects. Completed! Made two hats and two scarves. Found a baby sweater that I’d started years ago so I’m going to keep knitting and finish that sweater.
9. Clean out our freezer. I am down to tomato sauce, some frozen rhubarb and a loaf of carrot zucchini bread. Not bad. Our kitchen freezer is pretty much under control I have some frozen peppers to use up and some frozen vegetables. Love the progress.
10. Take a few road trips and visit family and friends on the east coast that we will not see as often once we move to the west coast. Looking forward to our trip to North Carolina at the end of the June. Spoke to my aunt in upstate New York and made plans to visit later this summer. Now to contact our friends in Maine and make a plan to visit them!
Fun to see the progress in the goals I have set. We’re almost halfway through the year and two of my goals are completed!
This post may contain affiliate links. These affiliate links help support this site.
For more information, please see my disclosure policy. Thank you for supporting Nancy On The Home Front