This will be my last week of posting my goal setting updates! Next week I will be sharing my goals for 2020! Hard to believe it’s that time of year again.
- Continue to monetize my blog. Thanks to all of you who have checked out my page on Amazon! If you haven’t had the opportunity just click on the link and pay my storefront a visit! I would so appreciate it! Even if no purchases are made Amazon like to see traffic to my storefront! I do appreciate all of your support!
Thanks to all who have supported this little blog over the years, an especially big thanks to those who have purchased the Blessing Jar cards this year. If you are looking for a last minute gift idea the Blessing Jar makes a great present.
2. Create a cookbook. This goal is not going to be completed this year. Despite all the work I have put into this project I am realizing I have a lot of work still to do. This goal will be moved to my goals to complete in 2020!
3. Have 20 minutes of exercise at least 5 times a week. So nice to have this goal a part of my weekly routine. I’ve been faithful to go to my exercise class three times a week, I just love being able to walk there! Although now that winter is really here many of my walks are in the rain, but he grass is still green!
ten parks or hiking trails in the state of Washington or Oregon! Completed! We have actually explored 13 parks and preserves in the last year. I counted them all up in going through the various blog posts! If I hadn’t been sharing my goal setting updates each week I don’t think we would have visited so many parks!
Here is the list:
1. Fort Worden (week2)
2. Bloedel Preserve (week 5)
3. Titlow Park (week 6)
4. Tacoma Nature Center (week 14)
5. Wapato Park (week 16)
6. Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge (week 17)
7. Fort Stevens State Park (week 20)
8. Veronia-Banks State Trail (week 23)
9. Henry Hagg Lake (week 25)
10. Tualatin Rive Explore (week 26)
11. The Oregon Garden (week 29)
12. Jackson Bottom Wetlands Preserve (week 48)
13. The FernHill Preserve (week 49)
20 new recipes into our dinner plans with the focus on healthy eating. COMPLETED! The closer we get to Christmas the harder it is to focus on eating healthy recipes! The temptation to enjoy Christmas goodies is so hard to resist! For example the Chocolate Peppermint Surprise cookies I shared last Friday! So good!
35 new books this year. COMPLETED! Finished reading Secrets of Willow Creek by Tracy Fredrychowski. I applied for and was accepted to the launch team which meant I got to read the book before it was published! Read my book review HERE. I thought I would share all the books I read in 2019!
- The Auschwitz Escape by Joel Rosenburg
- The Masterpiece by Francine Rivers
- The Story of Arthur Truluv by Elizabeth Berg
- The Night of Miracles by Elizabeth Berg
- Chasing Fireflies by Charles Martin
- The Alice Network by Kate Quinn
- Call The Nurse by Mary J. MacLeod
- Tapestry of Fortunes by Elizabeth Berg
- It Was Me All Along by Andie Mitchell
- Circe by Madeline Miller
- Sisters, One, Two, Three by Nancy Star
- The Secrets We Carried by Mary McNear
- As Bright As Heaven by Susan Meissner
- The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware
- The Art of Mending by Elizabeth Berg
- We Are All Welcome Here by Elizabeth Berg
- Marilla of Green Gables by Sarah McCoy
- Ready Player One by Earnest Cline
- Rise and Shine Benedict Stone by Phaedra Patrick
- Family Tree by Susan Wigg
- Where’d You Go, Bernadette? By Maria Semple
- The Library of Lost and Found by Phaedra Patrick
- The Huntress by Kate Quinn
- The Great Unexpected by Dan Mooney
- The Pull of The Moon by Elizabeth Berg
- The Hot Flash Club by Nancy Thayer
- It’s Not Supposed To Be This Way by Lisa Terkeurst
- Cimarron by Edna Ferber
- Thin Air by Lisa Gray
- An American Princess: The Many Lives of Allene Tew
- The Day I Ate Whatever I Wanted by Elizabeth Berg
- The City of Girls by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Five Presidents by Clint Hill
- The Guest Book by Sarah Blake
- Stilettos To Stetsons by Janice Hood
- A Beach Wish by Shelley Noble
- Fall From Grace by Daniele Steel
- The Oysterville Sewing Circle by Susan Wiggs
- The Secrets You Keep by Kate White
- Such a Perfect Wife by Kate White
- Those Were The Good Old Days! by Melvin Van Domelen
- The Pioneers by David McCullough
- Illumination in the Flatwoods by Joe Hutto
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
- The Dutch House by Ann Patchett
- The Tattoosit of Auschwitz by Heather Morris
Four knitting or sewing projects this year. COMPLETED! Finally finished the back of my latest project! This will be the first project I complete in 2020!
8. Visit family on the west coast. We’ve sent a lot of time with our immediate family here on the west coast. Next year I hope to visit more of my extended family!
Six new museums in the area. COMPLETED! Such a fun goal to have completed! Really have enjoyed my weekly goal setting updates. These are the six museums I visited this year:
Tacoma Art Museum (week 5)
The Evergreen Aviation and Space Museum (week 28)
Shafer Museum (week 35)
The Lan Su Chinese Garden (week 44)
The Rice Museum of Rocks and Minerals (week 46)
Columbia River Maritime Museum (week 47)
Guess it’s time to start working on my list for 2020!
Find A New Home COMPLETED! Wonderful to have this goal completed! Our new house is finally feeling much more like our home. We are looking forward to celebrating the holidays with our family!
“Our plans miscarry because they have no aim. When a man does not know what harbor he is making for, no wind is the right wind.”
This post may contain affiliate links. These affiliate links help support this site.
For more information, please see my disclosure policy. Thank you for supporting Nancy On The Home Front.