The end of my goal setting updates is in sight! Just a few weeks to go. I’m already thinking ahead to 2020 and the goals I will set for the New Year.
- Continue to monetize my blog. Thanks to all of you who have checked out my page on Amazon! If you haven’t had the opportunity just click on the link and pay my storefront a visit! I would so appreciate it! Even if no purchases are made Amazon like to see traffic to my storefront! I do appreciate all of your support!
Another way I am monetizing my blog is by offering the Blessing Jar. My husband and I have been writing daily blessings every day for the last three years. Each day you write down something that you are thankful for, something that blessed you, made you joyful or just something that you are grateful for. At the end of the year we read all the cards. It becomes a double blessing! For more information on gifting the blessing jar click HERE.
2. Create a cookbook. This goal is not going to be completed this year. Despite all the work I have put into this project I am realizing I have a lot of work still to do. This goal will be moved to my goals to complete in 2020!
3. Have 20 minutes of exercise at least 5 times a week. So nice to have this goal a part of my weekly routine. I’ve been faithful to go to my exercise class three times a week, I just love being able to walk there!
ten parks or hiking trails in the state of Washington or Oregon! Completed! We have actually explored 13 parks and preserves in the last year. I counted them all up in going through the various blog posts! If I hadn’t been sharing my goal setting updates each week I don’t think we would have visited so many parks!
Here is the list:
1. Fort Worden (week2)
2. Bloedel Preserve (week 5)
3. Titlow Park (week 6)
4. Tacoma Nature Center (week 14)
5. Wapato Park (week 16)
6. Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge (week 17)
7. Fort Stevens State Park (week 20)
8. Veronia-Banks State Trail (week 23)
9. Henry Hagg Lake (week 25)
10. Jackson Bottom Wetlands Preserve (week 48)
11. The FernHill Preserve (week 49)
20 new recipes into our dinner plans with the focus on healthy eating. COMPLETED! Although this goal is completed I continue to try and focus on healthy eating at least most of the time. It’s not always easy during the busy holiday season!
35 new books this year. COMPLETED! Finished reading Secrets of Willow Creek by Tracy Fredrychowski. I applied for and was accepted to the launch team which meant I got to read the book before it was published! Read my book review HERE. Here is the list of books I have read this year.
- The Auschwitz Escape by Joel Rosenberg
- The Masterpiece by Francine Rivers
- The Story of Arthur Truluv by Elizabeth Berg
- The Night of Miracles by Elizabeth Berg
- Chasing Fireflies by Charles Martin
- The Alice Network by Kate Quinn
- Call The Nurse by Mary J. MacLeod
- Tapestry of Fortunes by Elizabeth Berg
- It Was Me All Along by Andie Mitchell
- Circe by Madeline Miller
- Sisters, One, Two, Three by Nancy Star
- The Secrets We Carried by Mary McNear
- As Bright As Heaven by Susan Meissner
- The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware
- The Art of Mending by Elizabeth Berg (week 17)
- We Are All Welcome Here by Elizabeth Berg
- Marilla of Green Gables by Sarah McCoy (week 20)
- Ready Player One by Earnest Cline
- Rise & Shine Benedict Stone by Phaedra Patrick
- Family Tree by Susan Wigg
- Where’d You Go, Bernadette? By Maria Semple
- The Library of Lost and Found by Phaedra Patrick (week 27)
- The Huntress by Kate Quinn (week 29)
- The Great Unexpected by Dan Mooney
- The Pull of The Moon by Elizabeth Berg
- The Hot Flash Club by Nancy Thayer (week 33)
- It’s Not Supposed To Be This Way by Lisa Terkeurst
- Cimarron by Edna Ferber
- Thin Air by Lisa Gray (week 37)
- An American Princess: The Many Lives of Allene Tew
- The Day I Ate Whatever I Wanted by Elizabeth Berg
- The City of Girls by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Five Presidents by Clint Hill
- The Guest Book by Sarah Blake
- Stilettos To Stetsons by Janice Hood
- A Beach Wish by Shelley Noble
- Fall From Grace by Daniele Steel
- The Oysterville Sewing Circle by Susan Wiggs
- The Secrets You Keep by Kate White
- Such a Perfect Wife by Katie White
- Those Were The Good Old Days! by Melvin Van Domelen
- The Pioneers by David McCullough
- Illumination in the Flatwoods by Joe Hutto
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
Four knitting or sewing projects this year. COMPLETED! Finally finished the back of my latest project!
8. Visit family on the west coast. We’ve sent a lot of time with our immediate family here on the west coast. Next year I hope to visit more of my extended family!
Six new museums in the area. COMPLETED! Such a fun goal to have completed! Really have enjoyed my weekly goal setting updates. These are the six museums I visited this year:
Tacoma Art Museum (week 5)
The Evergreen Aviation and Space Museum (week 28)
Shafer Museum (week 35)
The Lan Su Chinese Garden (week 44)
The Rice Museum of Rocks and Minerals (week 46)
Columbia River Maritime Museum (week 47)
Guess it’s time to start working on my list for 2020!
Find A New Home COMPLETED! Wonderful to have this goal completed! Our new house is finally feeling much more like our home. We are looking forward to celebrating the holidays with our family!
“Your goal should be just out of reach, but not out of sight.”
Denis Waitley and Remi Witt
This post may contain affiliate links. These affiliate links help support this site.
For more information, please see my disclosure policy. Thank you for supporting Nancy On The Home Front.