February, where it currently feels like we’re back in Vermont! Snow on the ground and frigid temperatures. Looking forward to the warmer weather ahead. Pretty sure this snowy weather is not going to last! Very thankful that the days are getting longer and we finally have afternoon sun streaming in our apartment once again.
- Continue to monetize my blog. As you know this is an ongoing goal. I hope you have taken the time to check out my own page on Amazon where I put all the items I just love from favorite cookbooks to gardening tools. Please check it out, I’ve been having fun adding items to the various categories. Another aspect of this goal involves increasing my readership. If you enjoy reading my blog, please recommend it to your friends. The more the merrier!
2. Create a cookbook. You may remember this goal was on my list last year and I finally put it aside. My goal for this year is to have my cookbook ready by November 2019. I have been working away at this. After many days I finally gathered all the recipes off the blog and I actually have over 450 recipes. The recipes have all been organized by category and now I have to start copying each recipe into a document which will finally be made into a cookbook. Another ongoing project.
3. Have 20 minutes of exercise at least 5 times a week. The only exercise we received in the last week was looking at houses. We spent the week in the Portland area and looked at numerous homes. Nothing was quite right so the search continues. We did see one nice house that had some raised beds, an herb garden and three bee hives! That was encouraging.
ten 9 parks or hiking trails in the state of Washington we now call home! No new parks this week. Several of the houses we have looked at backed up to green space. It would be nice to have walking trails you could access from your home, it would remind me of Vermont!
20 16 new recipes into our dinner plans with the focus being on healthy eating. Made a delicious Italian Spinach and Tortellini Soup this week. It was so good. I will share the recipe on Friday. It was the perfect soup for these cold, snowy days.
35 28 new books this year. Finished my seventh book , The Alice Network by Kate Quinn. I had been waiting to read this book for months! It is another World War II book and is all about the women spies. although the book is fiction is is based on real people. I would highly recommend this book.
Four 2 knitting or sewing projects this year. Second project is finished! The third project is in the works. I mentioned last week that a friend of mine sent me a package of material! More placemats to come!
8. Visit family on the west coast. Had a great time in Portland, spent time looking at real estate, but also got to celebrate my birthday with some goodies! It is such fun to be spoiled.
Six 5 new museums in the area. We are still waiting to grab the pass from the library for the Tacoma Glass Museum, hoping we can pick up this pass soon!
10. Find a new home. We have looked at so many homes it’s hard to keep them straight! I take photos of each one and write down various notes so we can keep them all straight. After a while they all blend together. Just want to find something that offers some gardening space and a nice kitchen! Learning to be patient.
“You can do anything is you set goals. You just have to use yourself”
This post may contain affiliate links. These affiliate links help support this site.
For more information, please see my disclosure policy. Thank you for supporting Nancy On The Home Front.