February, a brand new month. It’s also my birthday month so I’ve always enjoyed the month of February. Our days are full looking at houses. Haven’t found just the right one, but more come on the market everyday. We just have to be patient. I am making progress on my goals however.
- Continue to monetize my blog. As you know this is an ongoing goal. As a result last week I wrote a sponsored post and was paid. I have also set up my very own page on Amazon where I put all the items I just love from favorite cookbooks to gardening tools. Please check it out, it is a page that I will continue to add items to! Another aspect of this goal involves increasing my readership. So if you enjoy reading my blog please recommend it to your friends. The more the merrier!
2. Create a cookbook. You may remember this goal was on my list last year and I finally put it aside. My goal for this year is to have my cookbook ready by November 2019. I have been working away at this. After many days I finally gathered all the recipes off the blog and I actually have over 450 recipes. The recipes have all been organized by category and now I have to start copying each recipe into a document which will finally be made into a cookbook. Another ongoing project.
3. Have 20 minutes of exercise at least 5 times a week. No complaints with the weather at all. I am enjoying this mild weather and all the signs of spring. We have been exploring different areas and have managed to get over 180 minutes of walking in this week in between looking at houses!
ten 9 parks or hiking trails in the state of Washington we now call home! This week we discovered a new park just about ten minutes from us called Titlow Park, right in Tacoma. This park has a very nice walk right along the water and then the trail makes a nice loop through the woods It is not a long hike, just a little over a mile. Such fun discovering new parks!
20 17 new recipes into our dinner plans with the focus being on healthy eating. Made a new Broccoli Cheddar Quiche which I found on the Weight Watchers website.
35 29 new books this year. Finished my sixth book , Chasing Fireflies by Charles Martin. I think I’ve mentioned that he is one of our favorite authors. We actually listened to this book which was different but enjoyable. The narrator was really good. It’s a great story of discovery with a bit of mystery.
Four 2 knitting or sewing projects this year. Second project is finished! The third project is coming up. Just a few days before my birthday I received the best gift ever, a box of fabric from a dear friend back in Vermont. Best present ever! Can’t wait to get sewing, up next more placemats!
8. Visit family on the west coast. Well this week we are visiting family in Portland and looking at homes for sale. Always enjoy spending time with family!
Six 5 new museums in the area. We are still waiting to grab the pass from the library for the Tacoma Glass Museum, that outing will have to wait until we return from Portland.
10. Find a new home. We are still looking for a new home; we looked at two houses which just came on the market just before we left for Portland. Our plan to look at six homes in one day while in Portland which will be just about the limit of what you can view in one day! More homes are coming on the market everyday as we head into spring. Because of this we know that we will find the perfect home sooner or later!
“It’s important to set your own goals and work hard to achieve them.” Yuichiro Miura
This post may contain affiliate links. These affiliate links help support this site.
For more information, please see my disclosure policy. Thank you for supporting Nancy On The Home Front.