How can it be almost the end of January? How are you doing with your goals? Have you written them down yet? I find when I’ve got them written down and in front of me I can focus on getting them completed!
- Continue to monetize my blog. This is an ongoing goal. I made a start last year and plan to continue on with it this year. I have written several sponsored posts. I have also set up my very own page on Amazon. I get to put all the items I just love from favorite cookbooks to gardening tools. Check it out, it is a page that I will be adding to! Another part of this goal involves getting my readership up. If you enjoy reading my blog please recommend it to your friends. The more the merrier!
2. Create a cookbook. You may remember this goal was on my list last year and I finally put it aside. My goal for this year is to have my cookbook ready by November 2019. I have been working away at this. After numerous days I finally gathered all the recipes off the blog. I actually have over 450 recipes. First step is to get them organized into topics such as desserts, salads, etc. Then I will begin to actually copy the recipes into a document ready for printing. What a process!
3. Have 20 minutes of exercise at least 5 times a week. Our weather has been quite nice lately and we managed to get quite a few walks in and the total amount of time spent walking was 295 minutes, just shy of five hours! I actually beat this goal this week! It’s about time. It’s been fun noticing all the spring flowers that are already in bloom! so different from Vermont.
4. Explore ten parks or hiking trails in the state of Washington we now call home! We did make it to Bloedel Preserve this week, but this is not a new park for us. We have been here several times but it is just such a beautiful place to walk.
20 18 new recipes into our dinner plans with the focus being on healthy eating. I did try Blue Apron for the first time and picked out meals that were Weight Watcher approved. I had a special discount so the price was good and I didn’t have to think about what to make for dinner. We tried a total of four of their recipes and they were pretty good. Lots of plastic waste so I might try to recreate the recipes at home, and I won’t be ordering Blue Apron again.
35 30 new books this year. Finished my fifth book , Night of Miracles by Elizabeth Berg. She was also the author of The Story of Arthur Truluv, which I just loved. Night of Miracles is a continuation of The Story of Arthur Truluv and I enjoyed it just as well. I love when you find a new author who has a lot of books that I haven’t read yet!
Four 2 knitting or sewing projects this year. Second project is finished! Have not finished any more projects but a dear friend of mine is sending me material to make more placemats! Love projects that come together quickly! Next up, more placemats!
8. Visit family on the west coast. Haven’t made any progress on this goal yet. However my brother-in-law is planning a family reunion on the east coast this summer! Exciting to have such a trip in the works. The difficulty will be getting all four of our grown children, plus spouses and three grandchildren to fly east in August! I’m excited as the reunion will be held in my favorite place, Nantucket. It’s my happy place, although I don’t get there very often!
Six 5 new museums in the area. There is so much to learn about this new area we are living in. We thought the first museum we visited would be the Tacoma Glass Museum but we’re still waiting for the pass to show up a the library. Instead we grabbed the pass to the Tacoma Art Museum! Amazing how much money a pass from the public library can save you! We enjoyed a nice Saturday afternoon looking at all the artwork.
10. Find a new home. Still looking, our realtor is back from vacation but nothing has shown up on the market that we like! Very frustrating but we just have to be patient. Next week we are heading down to Portland to meet with a realtor there. Just curious how the prices compare.
“I think goals should never be easy, they should force you to work, even if they are uncomfortable at the time.”
This post may contain affiliate links. These affiliate links help support this site.
For more information, please see my disclosure policy. Thank you for supporting Nancy On The Home Front.