My first goal was to update my goal list each week. I have to say having a post on goal setting has helped me to stay focused on what goals I want to accomplish this year.
The biggest drawback is to remind myself that I have the whole year to work on accomplishing these goals. Hopefully you , my faithful readers will remember this as well and not get tired of reading about my progress!
Find a new hosting site for my blog and make the site secure.Done!! The site is actually in transition. Everything seems to be running smoothly. Having a few issues this week! Still waiting for the site to be secure.
- Monetize my blog. Still on my to do list. Waiting until the blog site is secure and without any transition issues!
- Create a cookbook! One step at a time, get the blog running smoothly, increase readership and then I’ll be working on the cookbook!
- Be diligent about getting 10 K steps in 5 out of 7 days each week.Still finding this goal to be very challenging. We had about a foot of snow this past week and I thought we’d get some snowshoeing in but then we got freezing rain. Not the kind of weather you want to walk in. I am really looking forward to spring at this point when the roads will be clear once again! so much easier to get in a daily walk!
- As we continue to prepare for an eventual house sale continue to de-clutter. Get rid of at least 250 items from the house this year! I’ve actually started a box in the garage for everything we are getting rid of. I also have a bag of clothes to go to Goodwill. May not look like much right now but I can guarantee we’ll be filling the box! 230 items to go!
- Read more books this year! Still reading through an interesting novel called Under the Wide and Starry Sky Not a favorite but I’m this far into it so I want to finish it! More than halfway done. I’ve also been reading through the book Seamless, which is a book we’re reading in our women’s Bible study. Such an excellent study. I did tell you that I usually have more than one book that I’m reading!
- Have a consistent meal plan each week and prepare ahead! February starts birthday season around here. My husband’s having a big one this year and we’ll be having two celebrations which means lots of company and lots of planning! I have figured out the menus for each of our busy weekends, now to get cooking! I like to get the cooking down before the company arrives so I can enjoy the company!
43 knitting projects. First project completed, I made a hat for my daughter. Second project has begun. Over the holidays one of our neighbors was making the cutest little sweater ornaments. I took a look at the tiny sweater and figured I could make these. What a fun gift idea for the holidays! First attempt was a little rough as I wasn’t exactly sure what I was doing nor had I ever knit with #2 needles! I should get the hang of it and be able to make several of these to give away next year at Christmas. I also made a cute little washcloth. I love the pattern and am wondering if I could make placemats using the same pattern??
- Clean out our freezer. Good thing I’ve been working on cleaning out the freezer as I am now going to fill it with food for our two busy weekends!
- Take a few road trips and visit family and friends on the east coast that we will not see so often once we make a move to the west coast. We came up with a list of three people that we would like to visit while we’re still living on the east coast. Now to take a hard look at the calendar and plan these trips. Probably won’t happen until April at the earliest.
So we’re now into February and I’m looking at my goals and working on them. Having this post has kept my goals in the forefront of my mind. I just have to remember the key is to keep looking forward!