My first goal was to update my goal list each week. I have to say having a post on goal setting has helped me to stay focused on what goals I want to accomplish this year.
The biggest drawback is to remind myself that I have the whole year to work on accomplishing these goals.
Find a new hosting site for my blog and make the site secure.Done!! Everything seems to be running smoothly. Still waiting for the site to be secure.
- Monetize my blog. Still waiting to get this started. I’ve had several advertisers reach out to me recently and I’ve also had one company that wants to pay me to promote one of their posts. Now to figure out which advertisers are legit and whether or not the post promotion is real! I’ve always said if it sounds to good to be true it probably is!
- Create a cookbook! I have been writing my blog for over six year and have accumulated many recipes online. Time to make them available in a cookbook form, either as a downloadable PDF or in a hardcopy or both! This is in the planing stage and really I just have to start!
- Be diligent about getting 10 K steps in 5 out of 7 days each week.Still finding this goal to be very challenging. However this past weekend we were in Connecticut visiting my mother-in-law and the roads and sidewalks were clear and we actually were able to get two walks in! Haven’t made the five day goal yet but I’m getting there!
- As we continue to prepare for an eventual house sale continue to de-clutter. Get rid of at least 250 items from the house this year! As I said this is not going to be a hard goal to reach. I pulled three books from the shelves and I now have a box going in the garage for all the things we are getting rid of. 230 items to go!
- Read more books this year! Didn’t finish a book this week but I’m working my way through an interesting novel called Under the Wide and Starry Sky Not a favorite but I’m this far into it so I want to finish it!
- Have a consistent meal plan each week and prepare ahead! Haven’t done a lot of preparing ahead with out meals but I’ve been right on track with the planning, except that we were away for the weekend and when you stay with someone else you don’t have total control over what you’re eating. We did bring Friday nights dinner with us and planned a very special dinner with good friends. I was celebrating my birthday and nothing beats celebrating with good friends!
43 knitting projects. First project completed, I made a hat for my daughter. Second project has begun. Over the holidays one of our neighbors was making the cutest little sweater ornaments. I took a look at the tiny sweater and figured I could make these. What a fun gift idea for the holidays! First attempt was a little rough as I wasn’t exactly sure what I was doing nor had I ever knit with #2 needles! I should get the hang of it and be able to make several of these to give away next year at Christmas.
- Clean out our freezer. First step was to take inventory which I did. I have the inventory now on my kitchen desk so I can see what I have and plan how to use the food up.
- Take a few road trips and visit family and friends on the east coast that we will not see so often once we make a move to the west coast. We came up with a list of three people that we would like to visit while we’re still living on the east coast. Now to take a hard look at the calendar and plan these trips. Probably won’t happen until April at the earliest.
So we’re now into February and I’m looking at my goals and working on them. Having this post has kept my goals in the forefront of my mind. I just have to remember the key is to keep looking forward!