Here we are in a new month! I’ve always enjoyed the month of March, three of our four children were born this month so we often refer to this time of year as cake season!
- Continue to monetize my blog. My ongoing goal. Have you taken the time to check out my page on Amazon? This page is where I put all the items I just love, from favorite cookbooks to gardening tools. Please check it out. Another aspect of this goal involves increasing my readership. If you enjoy reading my blog, please recommend it to your friends. I sure appreciate all my new subscribers!
2. Create a cookbook. You may remember this goal was on my list last year and I finally put it aside. My goal for this year is to have my cookbook ready by November 2019. This is going to be a long process and I hope you don’t get tired of hearing about it. I promise you when the cookbook is finished it will be worth it!
3. Have 20 minutes of exercise at least 5 times a week. Spending time in Portland this week. Getting exercise by watching our grandchildren and looking at more homes.
ten 9 parks or hiking trails in the state of Washington we now call home! Didn’t happen. Look forward to the next park we discover!
20 12 new recipes into our dinner plans with the focus on healthy eating. The only new recipe this week was a new recipe for black beans and rice. I really enjoy black beans and rice, but I’m sure you probably have your own favorite recipe for this classic dish.
35 25 new books this year. Finished my tenth book , It Was Me All Along – a Memoir by Andie Mitchell. It’s a brutally honest story of a woman reflecting on her incredible weight loss journey. It’s well written and tells the story of learning to love herself. She eventually started her own blog and has written a cookbook as well. Even if you’ve never struggled with your weight it’s a real insight to someone who lost 135 pounds and has kept it off.
Four 1 knitting or sewing projects this year. The third project is finished. I have put together two more sets of placemats using the material sent to my by a dear friend. Think the next project will involve knitting!
8. Visit family on the west coast. In Portland this week visiting our daughter, son-in-law and grandchildren. Always fun to visit. I have to say Portland is my favorite city.
Six 5 new museums in the area. The pass for the Tacoma Glass Museum is one popular pass. Still patiently waiting to grab this pass.
10. Find a new home. Frustrated is the key word for this week! Found a house we really liked. Made an offer, offer was accepted and then we had the inspection done. Bottom line we withdrew our offer. There were just too many red flags. Now back to square one. Eventually we will find our perfect home.
“It must be borne in mind that the tragedy of life doesn’t lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goals to reach.”
Benjamin E. Mays
This post may contain affiliate links. These affiliate links help support this site.
For more information, please see my disclosure policy. Thank you for supporting Nancy On The Home Front.