My first goal was to update my goal list each week. However with all the blog issues I’ve been having transferring my blog to a new host I’m a week behind! Oh well, the blog is back up and running and should be a secure site very soon. Having a post on goal setting has helped me to stay focused on what goals I want to accomplish this year.
Here is how I’m doing on my goals.
Find a new hosting site for my blog and make the site secure.Done!! This has been on my to do list for months but actually making the jump was kind of scary. I am so happy with my new host and am so excited to move forward from this point on.
- Monetize my blog. Right now I have no ads running on my blog. I would like to start earning something on my blog instead of it just being a hobby. As soon as my site is secure I will be looking into advertisers. Who do you use? I have some recommendations but haven’t committed yet.
- Create a cookbook! I have been writing my blog for over six year and have accumulated many recipes online. Time to make them available in a cookbook form, either as a downloadable PDF or in a hardcopy or both! This is in the planing stage and really I just have to start!
- Be diligent about getting 10 K steps in 5 out of 7 days each week. Maybe I should try for at least 3 days out of 7! This goal is harder than I thought especially this time of year. I walk on a dirt road so if the weather is icy I really don’t want to venture out. I am very good at getting 5-6 thousand steps a day but right now I am only getting the full 10K steps in once or twice a week. I will get better!
- As we continue to prepare for an eventual house sale continue to de-clutter. Get rid of at least 250 items from the house this year! I’m not going to have trouble with this goal, this past week I cleared out 11 pieces of clothing from our closet and three cookies cutters from my collection. I also went through our everyday china and got rid of three chipped plates. 233 items to go!
- Read more books this year! This goal should not be an issue either, I love to read and have already finished 2 books. I have books by the bed and books on my iPad so I always have something to read! I enjoyed both of these books. My favorite was The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper, just so uplifting and such a charming story. Arthur Pepper’s wife has recently passed away and he finds a charm bracelet that he’s never seen when going through her belongings. He ends up taking an trip to find out more about each charm. It’s a quick and delightful read.
- Have a consistent meal plan each week and prepare ahead! I did much better with this goal this week. I actually thought about what we would be eating each and every day and made a calendar to follow. It took a little time but it sure is helpful. I stick to the meal plan and no snacking! That way my clothes should still fit come spring!
43 knitting projects. First project completed, I made a hat for my daughter. It’s been a project in the works and it is so nice to have it completed. She even sent me a photo! Three more projects to go!
- Clean out our freezer. First step was to take inventory which I did. I have the inventory now on my kitchen desk so I can see what I have and plan how to use the food up.
- Take a few road trips and visit family and friends on the east coast that we will not see so often once we make a move to the west coast. We came up with a list of three people that we would like to visit while we’re still living on the east coast. Now to take a hard look at the calendar and plan these trips. Probably won’t happen until April at the earliest.
So we’re well into January and I’m looking at my goals and working on them. Having this post has kept my goals in the forefront of my mind. I just have to remember the key is to keep looking forward!