We all have made a tuna casserole before but did you know there are plenty of delicious and fresh tasting dishes to be made with this thrifty standby. And canned tuna is a low-cost source of lean protein as well.
- Combine tuna with white beans, fresh herbs, onion, olive oil and lemon juice for a hearty salad.
- Layer with onion, sliced hardboiled egg, raw veggies, and olive oil and vinegar on fresh crusty bread for a plain pan-bagnat. Wrap tightly and allow flavors to meld before serving. Cooking Light has a wonderful detailed recipe here.
- Sauté with oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, capers or olives and fresh parsley for a quick pasta sauce. Found a great recipe on Martha Stewart here.
- Serve with radishes, olives, tomatoes, and boiled potatoes and green beans for a Nicosia Salad. Drizzle with a mixture of lemon juice, olive oil and Dijon mustard. found a detailed recipe from the kitchn here.
- Toss with pasta, cheddar and milk for a fortified mac ’n’ cheese! Hungry Girl has a tasty healthy recipe here.
- My favorite growing up with Creamed Tuna fish and Peas on toast. Make a simple white sauce; add 1 – 2 cans of tuna and some frozen peas. Serve hot on toast, this is my all time favorite comfort meal!Don’t forget to enter the KettlePizza giveaway HERE. The KettlePizza Deluxe Kit is perfect for cooking pizza on your Weber grill!