My first goal was to update my goal list each week. I have to say having a post on goal setting has helped me to stay focused on what goals I want to accomplish this year.
The biggest drawback is to remind myself that I have the whole year to work on accomplishing these goals. Hopefully you, my faithful readers will remember this as well and not get tired of reading about my progress!
Find a new hosting site for my blog and make the site secure.Done!! So excited after all this time I finally have a secure website! Now to work on monetizing the site.
- Monetize my blog. Still on my to do list. Time to put this goal on the forefront! Be nice to have some money coming in for a change. No progress yet on this goal.
- Create a cookbook! One step at a time, get the blog running smoothly, increase readership and then I’ll be working on the cookbook!
- Be diligent about getting 10 K steps in 5 out of 7 days each week. My husband and I continue to work out 5 days out of 7 using our online program! We managed to get a wonderful snow shoe in this week which helped in getting some steps in. We found the bear tracks from the bear that visited our bird feeder. Wondering just how big the bear is!
- As we continue to prepare for an eventual house sale continue to de-clutter. Get rid of at least 250 items from the house this year! 209 items to go! We were getting ready to head out of town on a business trip so not much de-cluttering before we left! However I did get into my sewing supplies and realized that will be the next area that will be de-cluttered!
more25 books this year! Last week I mentioned connecting with family on Good Reads, what a wonderful app. I can keep track of all the books I have read, the books I want to read and the books I am reading. I listed on the app that I want to read 25 books this year, 21 to go! Managed to finish two books this week. One called The Blueberry Years which has taken me forever to actually finish. I enjoyed the story but it was the kind of book you could put down for a while. Also read Charles Martin’s book Thunder and Rain which I loved and couldn’t put down! I love all of Charles Martin’s books! I have two books for our travels, Before The Fall and Beneath a Scarlet Sky. Already started Before The Fall, a sort of thriller about a plane crash! The book starts off with the plane crash and then goes back to before the crash. So far it’s a good read!
- Have a consistent meal plan each week and prepare ahead! Nice to be back on track with meal planning. This week we were eating everything up to get ready to go away!
43 knitting projects. First project completed, second project started. Or maybe I should say third project as I do have the mini sweater ornaments in the works. Working on the Infinity Scarf and hope to finish it while we’re away.
- Clean out our freezer. I have to say our freezer is getting emptied slowly but surely. I have some frozen soup so we’ll have a meal when we get home.
- Take a few road trips and visit family and friends on the east coast that we will not see so often once we make a move to the west coast. We came up with a list of three people that we would like to visit while we’re still living on the east coast. Now to take a hard look at the calendar and plan these trips. Probably won’t happen until April at the earliest. This week we are packing out bags for a business trip to Colorado!
So we’re now into March and I’m continuing to think about my goals every week. I think having them on paper and reviewing them each week is really helpful! This might be the first year I actually complete the majority if not all of my goals!