Are you familiar with Alea Milham’s blog Premeditated Leftovers? I have been following Alea’s blog for years and it is full of delicious recipes and tips on how everything from frugal living to gardening. Recently Alea published her first cookbook, Prep-Ahead Meals from Scratch. I was so excited when she offered me a cookbook to review and an extra one for a giveaway! Today I am sharing her recipe for 3 Bean Minestrone and giving you the opportunity to own a cookbook for yourself! Here is the recipe:
3 Bean Minestrone Soup
The combination of Italian herbs in this soup create a flavorful broth, while the three different beans provide lots of protein creating a hearty soup that will leave you feeling satisfied with this meatless recipe. PREP-AHEAD TIP: This soup can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for 1 – 2 days. It also freezes well and can be kept in the freezer for up to 3 months. Serves: 6 – 8 Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, minced
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup green beans, cut into small pieces
- 1/3 cup carrots, julienned or shredded
- 4 cups vegetable broth (page )
- 2 cups diced tomatoes or 14.5 oz. can of diced tomatoes
- 1 ¾ cup cooked black beans
- 1 ¾ cup cooked white beans
- 1 ¾ cup cooked garbanzo beans
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large pot. Add the onion, celery, garlic, green beans, and carrots and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth, tomatoes, beans, and the spices to the soup. Stir to mix the spices in. Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce heat and allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the spinach leaves and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until the spinach is wilted.
Nothing like enjoying a wonderful healthy soup during the cold days of winter! Enter below for your chance to win a copy of Alea’s cookbook Prep-Ahead Meals From Scratch. a Rafflecopter giveaway