Several months ago I spent a weekend at the Prudent Living booth at the Hanover Home Show.
It was a great weekend with many opportunities to interact with local people and find out what they thought about “Prudent Living”. During my time at the booth I asked people if they would be willing to share a frugal tip. I was amazed at the variety of answers, everything from “what’s a frugal tip?” to folks that should be writing a book! I managed to collect over 35 different frugal tips. I’d like to share a few with you today.
Frugal & Prudent Living Tips From the Home show
1. Grow your own vegetables.
2. Recycle to have less garbage.
3. Buy in bulk.
4. Cook from scratch.
5. Instead of buying egg replacer substitute a banana! (Used what was on hand)
6. Use coupons every week.
7. Get all your Christmas presents from recycling.
8. Shut off lights when not in use.
9. Turn down your heat when not at home.
10. Buy chicken bones from the local co-op to make stock.
11. Re-use your plastic bags.
12. Use refillable water bottles instead of buying disposable bottles.
13. Hang your clothes outside.
14. Raise your own chickens for meat and eggs.
15. The funniest reply I got was a man who said he leaves his wife home when shopping!